Saturday, January 26, 2008

Analog TV

"On February 17, 2009, federal law requires that all full-power television broadcast stations stop broadcasting in analog format and broadcast only in digital format."


In recent entries, I spoke of a couple of antique televisions in my little collection. Obviously, these two sets will soon no longer be able to receive over-the-air TV transmissions. Unless of course, they are connected to a converter box.


Today, I went online and applied for two coupons from the FCC to use towards the purchase of a converter box. The converters will not be avilable until next month, but I wanted to see just how this entire process actually works. So I will write about it here and keep you posted.


Do any of you remember the FCC debacle of adding stereo to the AM radio band?

No comments: