Saturday, January 19, 2008

Keeping Track of Time


I got an email the other day from mom telling me that the 1980 GC 1195 Heathkit Electronic Clock had died. Dad and I built that clock from a kit. It was a great project, and has continued to run since we fired it up in 1980. We made a repair on it a few years ago, but Dad has babied it along all these years.
(Click on the advertisement for a larger image)
Hopefully I will get a chance to get it working again this summer.
In keeping with the Old and New idea, there is another clock my daughter and I just repaired. I cannot find anything about it on the internet yet, but maybe you can locate more information about it on the internet. This one is just a little toy model, but it keeps time, and runs for days on a full windup. Here is a short video of the clock running. It is a really clever design.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Seems to me I have seen that Heath clock before.......

Kent said...

Yeah. How about finding out what kind of clock that is for me.