Thursday, January 10, 2008

The collection


I was in the attic today and noticed that I have about a dozen or so radios stacked up. Forgotten about them. Seems a shame. But just not enough space to display all of them. These in the photo are the ones that made it to the display in our home. All have been repaired and restored. Most of them are plugged in and tuned to my local AM transmitter. I can stream music from the computer room and they pick up this music. During the holidays we had some 30s and 40s Christmas music playing on all of them. It was a blast from the past.
For a few years around Christmas, I would search for a radio to restore during the holidays. Have not done that for a long time. No electronics shop at this time. To many other priorities, you know? A few years ago, I was given the contents of an old TV shop - everything in it. So the attic is filled with antique electronics - components and test equipment. One of these days, I will need to pull that stuff out and sell it all on ebay.

No comments: